Friday, May 14, 2010

Can u like file a shih tzus nails?

thank you for your answersCan u like file a shih tzus nails?
Yes you can file them. There is this new thing called the Pedi Paws and it is super. I use it on all of my clients. They sell it in stores now. I found one at Ride Aid and Bed, Bath and beyond.


It makes filing your dogs nails a lot easier, and it makes the nail smooth.Can u like file a shih tzus nails?
Yes either by hand or using a dremel tool for grinding them down. It would be better to first clip them then file. I use either free cheap emery boards or using a glass/crystal file works far better than plain boards.(they are better on ppl nails too) If you chose to grind them, be sure to keep any of the dog's hair out of the way. Hair from their ears, face or feet get caught extremely easily so pin back %26amp; use an old sock/hosiery on foot %26amp; push nails thru it so only they are visible.
getting them clipped is not better, in my opinion, it puts pressure on the sensitive nerves in the nail, filing is very good to do. I used to sit and file my dogs nails and then I got a pedipaw and it works great and he doesn't mind it. Some dogs are scared of it because it is battery operated and the noise scares them though.
Its better for them to be clipped. Using a nail file your going to be there for ever just filing it down.
Yes, You can! But getting them clipped it better.
Yes, they made something where you could file any dogs nails
No, you have to perm them.

No comments:

Post a Comment