Friday, May 14, 2010

(week old) when can her nails be filed/cut? and Preventing diaper rash?

Hi Im curious about when it's best to file/trim my week old's nails or when do most people wait to do so? And is there anything I should be putting on her buns to prevent/help with diaper rash or irritation? A friend of mine told me vaseline..(week old) when can her nails be filed/cut? and Preventing diaper rash?
there are all kinds of baby nail clippers, they will scratch themselves if there nails are too long, they have a lot of uncontrolled jerky movements.


Preventing diaper rash is really easy, make sure you get all the poop, and they don't sit in a dirty diaper too long, and should have a dry tushie before putting back on the diaper. Vaseline is fine, but I use ointment when ever I see a little redness.(week old) when can her nails be filed/cut? and Preventing diaper rash?
After my son was born the nurses at the hospital told us to put vaseline in his diaper, not directly on his bum and for his nails i would bite them off myself but only when they where long and he was scratching his face. Once he was about 6 weeks old I used a file then at about 2 1/2 months I used the baby nail clippers
OKay, with my daughter i always kept mittens on because she would accidentally scratch herself. But after a couple weeks i used the little baby file on her nails really slowly and carefully and then when she was a couple months old i trimmed them with the baby cutters...you have to be really careful because they will just rip and can tear. I know some moms who bite them instead..but i could never do that.


well hope think helps..
You can trim them ... filing them can be quite hard because of how soft they are. I cut my son's when he was about 1 week old. I suggest doing it when your baby is sleeping.








Vaseline works fine ... I usually used Vitamin A%26amp;D.
Yes, you can cut now, just be careful. I recommend doing while she's sleeping. And vaseline (many hospitals use it) is fine, use diaper rash cream if she gets a rash
for the babies nails just cut them when they are long and they keep scratching their face..as for the diaper rash vaseline works fine or u can wait till u have to take ur baby to the doc and ask him/her and they usually perscribe u one
Bite her nails off. It's the safest and easiest way. My daughter is 11 months and I'm still biting them. I tried to trim them once with clippers and pinched her. I probably won't use those again till she's 2!
I used to just peel off my little girls nails cause they where so thin, till her nails started hardening then i used baby clippers! Vaseline is good for nappy rash.
Vaseline works perfectly fine. When the nails seem long cut them.

No comments:

Post a Comment