Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I want to file my cats nails.?

My ';baby'; doesn't like being held any more than 25 seconds. I want to file her nails any suggestions on how to get her stay still for the process.





LIKE SOME NYQUIL (That is just a joke)I want to file my cats nails.?
Hi, I am a cat behaviro, and here are some suggestion. Do you have another person to help you scuff her neck in the back and help you spread her body? Once the next is scuff, they are paralyzed from moving, and don't worry it does not hurt them. Second way, is while they are sleeping, start playing with the paws, and massage it. Once they are relax, this is best time to clip and file their nails.





Good luck! I want to file my cats nails.?
I wait until mine is asleep or almost asleep and then I trim his nails. It took a few attempts to pull it off, but now he lets me do it without any problems. Buy the trimmer that is the shape of scissors, not the quillitine type. I do it once a week and can trim all four paws in 30 seconds total and he doesn't even know that I've done it. He doesn't scratch my belongings anymore either. And trimming them is easier and quicker than filing them also, and you can do it by yourself without anyone else helping you.
try holding her scruff of the neck (or have someone help you hold her there), it's supposed to force them to hold still like when their mothers carrry them when they are babies.





but you may want to try clipping rather than filing...it's quicker and requires less 'holding' time. go to a pet store and get a cat nail clipper...they are made for cats, are smaller, quieter and more gently so it won't scare them as much as if you used a people or dog clipper.
My cat hates having her claws trimmed!!





I wait til she's lying down sleepy, and can manage to do one or two at a time, then I have to wait a good bit, do another couple etc until the job is done!





Just means you have to remember what ones you've trimmed previously LOL
if you want to file your cats nail be careful not to go to far you might go though the blood %26gt;3
maybe try giving her a few treats one at a time to distract her and try to get the job done fast?

No comments:

Post a Comment