Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Nail salons use the same files on everyone?

what is the law regarding nail salons that use the same files on everyone to keep the cost down? i know in NH, they put your files in a little box with your name on it and when you come in to the salon, they pull your file box out. i think that is the law, but im not sure. i got a nasty infection using a salon in massachuseets, not to mention, that the manicurist, whikle going around the nail beds with the machine while having white tips put on, CUT me three different times. My fingers are so swollen, i can hardly move them. They puss. Im so mad, but im not the type to turn her in, but if i know the law, i would like to tell her and give her a chance to fix itNail salons use the same files on everyone?
You did have a procedure done. meaning you have the right to have it fixed since something is wrong. Go straight to the manager girl. Since your fingers r swollen u may start to have an infection. good luck to you.Nail salons use the same files on everyone?
Oh geez. so sorry to hear your story but I know what you're going through as the same thing happened to me several years ago and I decided to grow my own nails as they were healthy and long before I went to the salon. Every state has laws for these salons but you would have to check with your specific state. You can have their licence taken away from them if you wanted to. Hope you feel better soon and good luck!
Yeah they do. It's costly to keep one for every customer cuz many of them will never come back again
There is no law against it. You can request they use ';new'; stuff like the nail file, etc. If they are a reputable salon, they will do what you ask.


Be careful with the asian salons. I have been in some dirty salson where they don't clean between one patron and another. If you get infections from places you go, time to look for another salon.
Wow I know people do a lot of things to keep costs down, but gross. I really never thought about what you mentioned in your question. I guess it is just like at a tattoo place. Someone pointed out to me that some tattoo places reuse ink (which is very unhealthy if you think about it) and I am sure against health codes.
I am not sure exactly about the law, but yeah they do use the same nail files on everyone except in places like NH like you mentioned. Even though you're not hat type, even if it's the law or not, you should sue. They are supposed to be professionally trained NOT to cut or cause the patient or whatever they call their patrons any pain at all. ~I hope that answers your question.
yea, i'm not sure about the law. I don't think their is one to be honest. BUT , for next time you get your nails done. They DO have salons where you go in, and they give you your own nails kit, so you don't share. It's alot more hygenic. I hope your fingers get better sweetheart! %26lt;3

No comments:

Post a Comment