Tuesday, May 11, 2010

How to keep a baby's nails properly trimmed and filed...?

My baby is 3 1/2 months old and he scratches himself, badly, all the time. The thing is, he's way too old for those mitts, they are either too small or he rips them off in 2 seconds. And I keep his nails as short as possible, but they are still sharp no matter how much I file them down. I am doing his nails every day now! Has anyone else dealt with this? What eventually worked for you?How to keep a baby's nails properly trimmed and filed...?
I have a 5 month old with the same problem... he scratches that bad that he looks like a cat's attacked him. The only way I can prevent this at the moment it to put socks on his hands, they're bigger than the mitts and they never seem to come off..... I hope I could help.How to keep a baby's nails properly trimmed and filed...?
Try cuticle scissors, very good-quality cuticle scissors. You'll have to be careful, but you'll be able to trim them quite short, much shorter than you would with a nail clipper or those rounded, thick-bladed nail scissors.
First off, you trim them while they are asleep. The other thing, I use a nail buffer, the white one, as you don't really have to 'cut' anything. Works like a charm every time.
I was doing my sons everyday up until he was about 5 months he's only seven months now and do them every 2-3 days, I catch him best when he's napping .
keep his nails clipped thats all you can do
I trim my son and daughters nails about every other week.
put mittens on him little things you put over the hands and cut them with baby nail clippers
Does he have eczema or something?





It sounds like he is scratching himself an awful lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment