Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Do you need to file or cut a rabbits nails, like you do with dogs?

Yes, I have a rabbit and we cut his nails about once a month. Have another person hold it and then another person cut the nails. Do not cut past the white part! (just like our nails) It will get hurt, freak out, and scratch people. No need to file though. We just use reagular nail clippers.Do you need to file or cut a rabbits nails, like you do with dogs?
As a Groomer I never filed a dogs toe nails. I used a nail clipper made to cut dog nails. You can use the same style clipper to clip nails on a rabbit.





I use the same clipper to cut cat nails, ferret nails, parrot nails, bird beaks..........Do you need to file or cut a rabbits nails, like you do with dogs?
my bunny moves alot, so i have a smaller pin that i put out side. i wear sweatpant and a sweater so she cant scratch me and i sit down and hold her in my lap. and i take regular nail clippers and just clip the edges off. it simple and great for them.
Yes, you do. :)





But you need special nail clippers for small animals.





I have these.





http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/pr鈥?/a>
yes because they will over grow and start to poke them and it can be really painful for them. our rabbits nails got too long. just make sure they arent too long
yes you do.. well if you dont want to get scratched to hell when they squirm.





you can get specialized clippers for small animals or rodents at pet stores or online.
I know they sell sand paper for the insides of wheels but im sure if you just get some and rub the tips it would be fine.
Yes. you can use cat or dog nail clippers to do so.
yes. we had ours done about every four weeks.
I dont know
yes you du!!

No comments:

Post a Comment