Saturday, January 23, 2010

Cats and nail files.?

Whenever I file my nails one of my two cats will come running over, her eyes fixed on the nail file. She then howls until I hold it out to her and then she then starts licking off the filed nail dust.





One of my friends cats does this - does anyone elses? And more importantly, does anyone know why they do this?Cats and nail files.?
I don't know why they do it but I have three cats who actively seek out and destroy my nail files. I used to keep them on my beside table but they disapeered quicker than I could say 'nail file'. They've even been known to jump up onto the high shelf in the kitchen to steal the nail file. As for filing my nails I have to do it behind the locked bathroom door!!Cats and nail files.?
My cats, the same thing. I guess they r interested in the noise and like destroyin nail files.

Report Abuse



My cats would go crazy when they saw me getting the emery board out. As far as I know all cats are like that; it's almost like catnip to them. They will sit up on their back legs and try to pull the file out of your hand, and actually bite it as well as smell it. And it isn't just the nail file. After you file your nails you can let the cats smell your nails and they react the same way. I've often wondered about that.


I think it's the calcium smell they like, sort of like fish bones.
You are doing something that takes your attention away from her.
my cat is mesmorised when i paint my nails, he just stares and purrrs. gonna try filing my nails in front of him now x
LOl thats funny. My cats(current %26amp; past) have never really eanted to lick off the nails dust but theyhave ALWAYS chewed up my files if they found them lying on the floor (not the metal ones mind you but the emory boards)....chew em up %26amp; put lil teethy holes in em ....irritating to me but funny too!! LOL
My suggestion is that cats are attracted to the SOUND the emery board makes as you file your nails. I have actually filed one of my cats nails as he seemed so fascinated by the sound.
That's weird lol. My cats litter tray is in our bathroom and whenever I do a wee she runs in and does one too. I think they're just odd creatures.
How would a cat know that it would be good for its claws??
Yes my cats do this too - no idea why. Might be just the roughness on their tongue. I find my nail files all over the place, Thai is the worst, I cant finish filing my nail and she takes it off me. Little tinker :-).
you probubly will never know . cats do strange things. my cats are always doing weird stuff lol

No comments:

Post a Comment