Thursday, January 21, 2010

What can i use to file my guinea pig's nails?

I tried cutting his nails but he didn't like it and kept moving around, then i tried a nail file but it took to long.What can i use to file my guinea pig's nails?
Sometimes you will need two people to trim their nails because they will struggle because they don't like it.





You will only need to trim their nails every 4-6 weeks so it's not like you need to do it everyday.





My sister and I do it together. She will hold them and I will trim their nails. It works very well.What can i use to file my guinea pig's nails?
get a nail filer froma proffesional beauty salon they are wayy eaiseer and cheaper than fancy pets one.


if you try to cut your guinea pig nails i suggest getting someone to help you wrap them in a towel and have someone pet them while you cut trust me its wayyy easier no more fuss or give them a treat to distract them
Hello! It's best for you to go to the vet and let a professional to do it. But if you can't, then get some nail clippers that humans use, and use that for it.





Here's a website to show you how to nail clip it:


http://www.diddly-di.fsnet.co.uk/Nail-Cu鈥?/a>





Video:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNAX_k2EG鈥?/a>





I hope the video and website helped!
I use a nail clipper made for cats, like a little pair of scissors. There are some good videos online to watch how its done, and just go easy and not cut too much; you can always cut more next time!
get a professional to do it. You dont wanna risk an injury on your guinea pig. cutting pets nails can be dangerous without experience
i wouldnt cut its nails. my little cousin has a guinea pig, and it get its nails cut at the vet. you wouldnt wanna accidentally hurt it!
ou should just take it to the vets and they'll be glad to snip it 4 free!
a dremel- I've seen it used on dogs
  • revlon
  • 1 comment:

    1. Aim to clip the your guinea pig's nails at least once a month, although you can do it more often if necessary. As the nails get longer, the blood vessel called the "quick" gets longer too and the nails will start to curl.

      ReplyDelete