Thursday, January 21, 2010

How often do you have to clip (or file) a dog's nails?

more or less monthly depending on how much digging and running on abrasive surfaces they do.How often do you have to clip (or file) a dog's nails?
Only when they get too long, which for my chihuahua is about every 3 or 4 months but she won't let me do it because she starts screaming and yelling as if I'm trying to kill her then my whole household panics as if I'm trying to kill her so she's just going to have to walk around as if she's trying for the Guinness book of world records for long nails. I cut them 2 or three weeks ago but I had to be announcing my every move as if I had an audience so no one panics.How often do you have to clip (or file) a dog's nails?
It depends on how much they wear down on their own from the dog's daily activities.





I generally recommend at least once a month, but I try to do my own dogs every week or two.
about every 4-6 weeks is best to help keep the foot healthy and the quick short. if you take your dog for walks on concrete that will help wear down the nails.
when you hear them on the pavement it's time.

No comments:

Post a Comment