Saturday, January 23, 2010

Finger nail filed too thin after acrylic nails applied?

I just had my nails done yesterday. I got the acrylic tips and then sealed with the gel type stuff. As the manicurist filed now my nail before she applied the false tips, she filed it too thin and it started to bleed. I have now removed the nails and the one that she filed too thin is very sore. Since I have removed the nail, I have put peroxide on it and antibiotic ointment. Should this be enough, or should I go to a medical doctor?Finger nail filed too thin after acrylic nails applied?
Just keep it clean and cover it during the day to keep germs out. Uncover it at night though so it can breathe. It should be ok if you keep up with the antibiotic ointment, but if it doesn't start to heal within the next week or 2, i would go to the doctor.





Did she do it with the electric file? I hate those things. :( next time you get your nails done tell the person doing your nails what happened so they will be careful not to repeat the mistake of that person.Finger nail filed too thin after acrylic nails applied?
Whatever you do, don't go back to that salon! At this point all you can do is wait it out. Allow your nails to grow out and heal. I would keep using the ointment.





It shouldn't hurt to have your nails done. If you go to a reputable salon and not a budget salon, chances are you won't have damaged nails like what you experienced.





As the old saying goes, you get what you pay for.
You could go to the Dr, but there's not much they can do. When I had my solar nails removed, they were very thin and painful sometimes, and all I could do was wait for them to grow out. I did buy a nail strengthener at the drug store and kept a layer of it on to help. I also never did dishes without wearing gloves.
I agree with previous answers that what you did should be enough. Nails and nail beds are tough and can take a lot of abuse. keep check on it. before u know it, it will be grown back and the soreness gone!
That should be enough, but if it still hurts after a week I would go to the doctor.
It should be fine, but never go back to that salon again. Obviously, they don't have a clue about doing nails.
  • makeup trends
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment