Saturday, January 23, 2010

Can I clip and file my dog's nails w/ toenail clippers and files?

with DOG nail clippers...they are made for dogs, a dogs nails are nto the same as a humans and using a humans' nail clippers could injure the dog, I do not see an issue with a regular fileCan I clip and file my dog's nails w/ toenail clippers and files?
I can only answer if your dogs claws are light colored, because you cannot see the line of safety if he has black nails. In light colored nails,however, you can see where a pinkish tinge begins in the nail, that is actually blood flow, and if you cut below it, they can get pretty bloody and hurt your dog. You definately will need a strong pair of toenail clippers, as regular nail clippers are not strong enough to cut through a dogs hard nails. Once you cut them down, you can use an emery board to smooth them out. If your dog is black, I recommend taking him to a professional groomer. Good luck.Can I clip and file my dog's nails w/ toenail clippers and files?
unless its a small breed dog toenail clipers won't be much help for a large breed dogs nails. Get proper dog clippers they are designed specifically for dogs.
Yes you can. You may want to go to your vet or a local groomer to learn how to do this that way you won't hurt your dog. Good luck
yes you can but be very careful if you hurt them once they will be petfiried.
Use dog nail clippers.Unless it's a very small breed,turn them sideways when cutting.Proper dog clippers are best.
Get a Dremel. They do a much neater job.
Not with human ones.
That's what they're for.

No comments:

Post a Comment