Saturday, January 23, 2010

Can I file my guinea pig's nails with an embory board?

They dont need to be cut just yet, i just would like to take some of the sharpness away. Just file a little bit. My piggy is not an adult yet if that mattersCan I file my guinea pig's nails with an embory board?
This depends on the guinea pig. Try one nail, see how effective it is and his/her reaction. Continue or stop depending on these variables. Can I file my guinea pig's nails with an embory board?
I always use a nail file for my guinea pigs because i'm scared i will cut the nail down to far.





But embroidery boards are annoying and don't do the job properly but if you use glass nail files they will last forever I've still got mine after 3 years and it still does the job.





They are really hard to fine though but you can buy them off this website:



I wouldn't because this procedure could probably take longer than clipping the nails with nail clippers. so it really depends on how fast your guinea pig gets stressed. If it is really calm then it probably wouldn't hurt. I just use the baby nail clippers and it goes pretty fast now that I have some practice, and I can get it done in about 5 min. per pig. Well hope that helps!!!
i dont see why not. it cant hurt him. unless you cause him stress while doing it. that will depend on him. i have used it on my cat dog and even my parrot.





since your not cutting the nails you cant cut the nail too short and nip the quik which bleeds if you actually cut the nail. good luck
If he will hold still I don't see why not. I have used an Emory board on my dogs toenails. Didn't do a lot of good, I was using it on my Greyhound and her nails were really thick. But your little Piggy's a bit smaller, just be sure you don't hit the quick.
my guinea pig is an adult and i use a nail clipper ( for pets ) to cut its nails

No comments:

Post a Comment