Saturday, January 23, 2010

I had a front tooth that was minutely longer than the other, so I filed it down with a nail filer ?

It seems to have worked and I'm so much happier. Is this okay? I only filed the end of the tooth...and like I said, I only shaved away a minute portion of the tooth. I had a front tooth that was minutely longer than the other, so I filed it down with a nail filer ?
Probably OK but it may just happen again if the length discrepancy was due to wear or function against an opposing tooth. There is often a reason one tooth is longer than another. It could simply be the way it came in but more often it is related to the tooth it chews or hits against on the opposite arch. This is very common in front teeth.





It takes an understanding of how teeth function to determine why it is longer but you can look closely in the mirror and put your teeth edge to edge while moving them around and sometimes you can see what I'm talking about. You're probably fine though and you found out it doesn't take much adjustment to make a tooth look and feel better.





Make sure you send yourself a bill for the job well-done!I had a front tooth that was minutely longer than the other, so I filed it down with a nail filer ?
Dentists do that all the time. If you feel any pain or other discomfort, see your dentist. But you should be fine. Like I said, Dentists do it all the time, just with high-tech equipment that works like a nail file would.
as long as you didnt hit the nerve in your tooth, you should be fine. i dont know i its smooth or not, but if it isnt, you might wanna get that dealt with.
  • makeup trends
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment