Saturday, January 23, 2010

Peticure electric pet nail files - worth the money?

We recently bought one of those Peticure electric pet nail filers and all 3 of our dogs even more afraid of that than regular dog clippers. They put up even more resistance...My two Papillons don't mind it at all, even turned on (they seem curious and excited about it), but then when we get it near their nails, they panic. Our Aussie x Mountain Cur mix won't even let us in the same room as him with it turned on.


I was just wondering how much success other people have had with this product? It seemed like such a safe and easy solution, but it made it more of a hassle for us.Peticure electric pet nail files - worth the money?
Find your receipt and return! I borrowed my neighbors to try before I bought it and my dog would try like crazy to get away from it. I think you should stick with the regular clippers yourself or take them to the groomer to get a good trim.Peticure electric pet nail files - worth the money?
honestly i dont see the point in those things





im more old fashion in that area, regular clippers do the job and do it well. you don't need these money getting little gadgets





but thats just my opinion, and im sure lots will disagree





hollyy
do it on your own nails or a friends (doesn't matter) and show them so they aren't so afraid of it.
i use just a regular rechargable battery hand held drumel to do my dogs nails. I got mine at wal mart but they sell the same thing in petsmart. here's one they sell at amazon.com that's like the one I have.


http://www.amazon.com/Dremel-761-03-Cord鈥?/a>





they are very quiet and do not run very fast which makes it nice for the dog. my dog usually sleeps when I do his with this tool. I've also done the nails of a 2 month old puppy with it and he didn't seem to mind it too much either.

No comments:

Post a Comment