Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I like to keep and file my nail clippings?

I have done this for two years and when I clip them and a nail gets away I feel devestated. I will look for it for several mimutes and I feel like I've lost a friend when I cannot locate it. When I'm done clipping I put them in a Ziploc and date it with a Sharpie. I then put them in a shoebox. A friend found the box that has my fingernail clippings in it, he brought it to my attention that this was not what normal people do. I'm just glad he didn't find the toenail box or he might think I'm weird.





My question, is there something wrong with me?I like to keep and file my nail clippings?
You were right to put this in Mental Health...this is very disgusting and unsanitary. So do you collect and save bowel movements and piss as well? Hairs? Used Kleenex?I like to keep and file my nail clippings?
so long and your not hurting anyone, who cares what others think? No, normal poeple don't do this, but who wants to be normal any way??? Normal is BORING!!! Do things your way, maybe you'll meet someone who will think it's cute or someone who saves nail clippings too. I wouldn't go showing it off or anything, but you are who you are, don't change for anyone or you will regret it and resent the person you changed for.
Do what makes you happy. If it doesn't affect your ability to LIVE, then there's nothing wrong with you. However if ';oddness'; spills into other areas of your life, you may want to consider getting some professional help :)





Formals aside:


DO WHATEVER MAKES YOU HAPPY, AS LONG AS NO ONE ELSE GET'S HURT.
Your friend is right, that is a very.....not normal thing to do. And yes very weird. Almost think you might keep your hair from when you get it cut in a baggie too. Dont let your girl or future girls see this, one of those secret things to have. Or better yet, destroy it.
This symptom is called hoarding. OCD with hoarding symptoms is classified as a distinctive subtype of OCD, since it differs in many ways from other presentations of OCD. It also might be less responsive to treatment. Go to a psychiatrist. He'll give you medication and therapy.
This is quite abnormal,





but not life-threatening :), it sounds like you could possible be diagnosed with an mild to moderate case of OCD.





Medication and/or cognitive therapy can help, which I recommend you do.
Wow..if this is not true. You should consider a career in fiction writing. You know it is not normal. Sounds like ';Trophies'; to me.
I think it's different but I don't think there's something wrong with you cause you could still be a good person.
It is definitely on the strange side ... but if you're not bothered by this obsession then enjoy it ... but if it in anyway interferes with your life .. see a therapist.
Definitely odd, but not harmful. Might talk to doc just in case. Could lead to some type of OCD.
Yeah that's very weird. Go to a counselor.
it's true this is not ';normal'; behavior. but why do you feel that it's necessary to keep them?
yea a little odd;sorry
  • revlon
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment