Thursday, January 21, 2010

Anybody use those nail grooming tools (the ones that file not cut) that I saw on television?

I was wondering if anybody has used the new nail trimmers I saw on tv, the ones that file your pets nails as opposed to cutting them. My dog really stresses out when we cut her nails and i thought this thing might be the answer. My biggest questions are does the machine make a lot of noise and how big is the nail guard. My dog is very well trained but we usually have to take her to the vet to have it done and it will stress her out less if it can be done at home. Nail trimmers that cut the nail are not an option. Anybody use those nail grooming tools (the ones that file not cut) that I saw on television?
I personally just use a regular dremmel and it works wonders. Have not quicked a nail yet, much to my dogs joy :c)





My dremmel can run in different speeds and the low one is the most quiet and what I use on my dogs nails. I also have a rechargable type that is even more quiet than the plug in kind.Anybody use those nail grooming tools (the ones that file not cut) that I saw on television?
Why not walk your do on a sidewalks and driveways to wear down the nails. I would not use this tool because I would leave this job to a professional. Maybe your dog will not sit still for doing this because of the noise of the tools or it doesn't like to have its feet touched. I would be afraid to file down to deep and cause bleeding. If you don't know what you are doing, don't do it.
I have just recently ordered one...because my dog wont let me cut his nails.
I usually just cut my dog's nails since he doesn't mind it...but the Peticure is basically just a dremel tool with a fancy name on it. If you want the same thing for less money, just go get a regular dremel tool. They work the same way. The machine makes a low humming noise and it vibrates. But if you take the time to get your dog used to the tool...like filing only one nail a day or just turning it on and allowing your dog to get used to the noise should help out a lot. Treats are good too! Regular dremels don't have a nail guard. And I actually find them easier to work with as I can actually see the dog's nail and where to stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment