Tuesday, January 19, 2010

What do your nails smell like when you file them?

When your filing your nails do you notice a smell? When I file mine I notice a discreet smell of cat pee pee. Its weird but i was wondering if any one else had a particular smell to their nails.








* please don't say I'm gross or its an infection because it not.*What do your nails smell like when you file them?
You are smelling the protein in the nail that is being broken down---it is the same smell when a hair is singed or burned...What do your nails smell like when you file them?
It smells like burning wood.



They smell kinda smokey
I don't smell pee.


But, I know what you mean.



haha mine smell like that when i file them, too.
I smell something but not cat pee pee.....
its the emory bourd u smell since ur scrapin with the board it leaves a trace of itself on ya nails

2 comments:

  1. I have the same, cat pee pee smell. I am highly allergic to cats, and in the past months I had been exposed to cats which of course resulted in allergic reactions. The allergy to cats comes from a protein they have on their saliva and urine, so MY GUESS is that what I am smelling is this same protein that was in my organism and therefore trapped in the nail while it was forming. MY THEORY (I'm not a scientist)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg I'm so glad I saw this!! This has been driving me crazy forever and I finally decided to Google it. So happy I'm not crazy or have some weird cat disease

    ReplyDelete