Thursday, January 14, 2010

I own a Nail Salon, My employees File a 1099 what type of taxes to I need to file for myself Quarterly&Annualy?

Watch your terminology - if they are your employees, you are required to withhold taxes, pay employer taxes and give them a W-2, not a 1099.





If they are just paying you booth rent, buying their own supplies, and setting their own hours, then they are independent contractors and the 1099 is correct. If you set their hours and pay them an hourly wage, plus commission or not, they are your employees and you can't legally have them on a 1099 and are looking for trouble down the road. You can't just declare them to be i.c.'s, even if they agree.





But back to your question - you should be filing form 1040ES quarterly, and form 1040 and schedules C and SE annually, with the IRS. If your state has an income tax, you'll have requirements there also, and maybe locally.I own a Nail Salon, My employees File a 1099 what type of taxes to I need to file for myself Quarterly%26amp;Annualy?
Oh, right, you set the hours, provide the building, direct their work etc. You will be in a world of hurt if you get hit with a payroll audit.





You *did*, at least, get everyone to file a W-9 form, right? If you didn't, you can't show they have an SSN and you are supposed to withhold 28% to 30% for taxes.





As for your taxes, if the nail salon is a sole proprietorship, you file a schedule C with your taxes, a schedule SE and pay the taxes in quarterly using the 1040es vouchers.I own a Nail Salon, My employees File a 1099 what type of taxes to I need to file for myself Quarterly%26amp;Annualy?
you will file a 1040, Sch C, and Sch SE annually,


if you can anticipate your tax liability, including your self employment tax you file 1040ES, April 15, June 15, Sept. 15, and Jan. 15, 2011


you can get publication 34 at www.irs.gov to help with your small business
If a worker is an employee, then using a 1099 is illegal.


Form 1099-MISC is for independent contractors, only.


For employees, Form W-2 must be used instead.
Contact a CPA NOW. Your 'employees' CAN'T file a 1099. The person PAYING someone files a 1099. This only happens if the payee is NOT an employee. The situation you describe is TAX FRAUD on YOUR behalf.

No comments:

Post a Comment