Friday, January 15, 2010

Has anyone tried the new Peticure nail filing system ';as seen on tv';?

I was thinking of getting one for my Yorkie. He really hates getting his nails clipped and it looks really easy and pain free. Has anyone tried one these and did your dog tolerate it well?Has anyone tried the new Peticure nail filing system ';as seen on tv';?
I would HIGHLY recommend it. I have never used the Peticure brand, but I do dremel my dog's nails using a Wal Mart brand cordless dremel that is essentially the same but without the really great cover. It took only a little time to get my dog used to it and he likes it FAR better than the nail clipper.





Here is a great article on how to get your dog used to getting their nails dremeled:





http://homepages.udayton.edu/~merensjp/d鈥?/a>Has anyone tried the new Peticure nail filing system ';as seen on tv';?
i've ordered it, but it hasn't arrived yet.
They actually sent one to our rescue. I didn't try it but our volunteer groomer did. These are her thoughts: ';It's sort of like cutting our nails with nail scissors versus the big paper scissors.';





That being said she wasn't sure that all dogs had quicks that were curved like that. She felt it was better to still use the regular clippers following by a filing to get rid of the edges.
Actually no I haven't tried it. I use a regular dremel on my dogs nails and it works great you just have to know what you are doing or else you can grind into the quick and the dog will bleed.
  • revlon
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment