Friday, January 15, 2010

What is the best pet nail filing device?

I've heard that the Peti-Paws, that is advertised on TV isn't very good. Is there another product that is like that, but is better?What is the best pet nail filing device?
Use a Dremel on speed 4. We bought the Pedicure (same thing the Peti-Paws is) and it sucks!


If you can't use the Dremel yourself find a groomer that does.


We use it for all 3 of our dogs.What is the best pet nail filing device?
I would try walking my dog on hard surfaces like sidewalks and driveways to wear down their nails. If you aren't careful with these type products, you can file the nail to deep and cause bleeding. That is why professional groomers and vets keep styptic power available to stop the bleeding. You could injure the dog and if you do, the dog will not let you touch its feet ever again without using a muzzle on it.
I just used a pedi-paws on my dog for the first time a couple of days ago, I can share my experience with it.





I have a year old bichon. She didn't seem to mind the buzzing or vibrating from it, but kept trying to lick it and sometimes pull her foot away from me. Using it, I thought that it's too time comsuming. It's a lot faster to just clip her nails. She still is able to scratch me... it's not like they are dull. Also had trouble seeing where the hole is to get the nail in. Sometimes I got 2 of her nails in there at once. I thought it was a little hard to use, not as easy as they show on the commericial.





If you want to file your dogs nails, I'd get a regular dremmel tool. It would be a lot easier to see what you're doing.
The dremel is the best product on the market for filing dogs' nails - much better than Peti-Paws.
A plain old dremal tool with a sanding band or a professional grade nail grinder such as those made by oscar
Yup...Dremmel!!! Cordless. I can do 6 big dogs in no time!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment