Monday, January 18, 2010

Do most veterinarians have an electric nail file or do most groomers?

i can't clip my dog's nails. even if i clip them hardly at all, the quick gets touched and i feel awful seeing the blood. do most vet's offices or groomers have electric nail files now a days? (please don't tell me to take her to a vet or groomer and have them clipped. i already know i can do that. i want to know if it is common for these places to have them now a days. i could call each vet or groomer i know of but thought it would be easier to ask the question here. i know it depends on the vets or groomers but with technology i am wondering if most places have them.)Do most veterinarians have an electric nail file or do most groomers?
Hello! Yes they do! Do I recommend Pedi-Paws?! Depends! It works great with small breeds and medium but awful with large. Pedi-Paws is battery operated so it takes forever on larger breed dogs. I work at a Pet Store and our groomers have it and so does our vets. Another way to help with getting the quick smaller is taking your dog out for walks on cement. What they use at a groomer or vets is a dremel.





http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.js鈥?/a>Do most veterinarians have an electric nail file or do most groomers?
I think most vets still use the traditional clippers. However; you might be interested in Pedi Paws (battery operated). http://www.pedipaws.com/?directLoad%26amp;uid=鈥?/a>





I think these were originally an ';as seen on TV'; type thing. But, you can find in most stores now.
My vet has one,and so does my cousin,who is a groomer.I think most vets do.My vet only uses it after the nails have been clipped,to smooth off the rough ends.
try pedipaws they are wonderful. i think around here most vet still do it the old fashion way. i use my pedipaws on all 4 of my dogs and 3 cats, no problems what so ever.
Buy your own peti-cure it's like 19 dollars at Walgreen's. Vets have the old school clippers most of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment