Monday, January 18, 2010

Dog Toe Nail file on TV?

I am trying to find out a website I saw on TV a couple weeks ago. It is for a set of dog nail files. Its this ';safe and easy'; way to file their nails. You just insert the nail and a round metal file spins and trims them safely. The commercial was listed for a home file and then a smaller one for like $34.00 i think. I am trying to find the website or the name of these files. Also if anyone knows what I am talking about and has one how does it work? Does it work as good as it looks or just a waste of money. Thank you everyone for your time.Dog Toe Nail file on TV?
It's a dremel and available at petedge and other pet supply companiesDog Toe Nail file on TV?
http://www.peticure.com/

Report Abuse



I've seen the commercial, and the only thing I could think of is that animals may object to the noise it makes.





My dog would absolutely freak, so I didn't even bother.





It's not all that different from a Dremel tool we used at the vet clinic where I used to work.





So, if your pet will tollerate it, go for it.
I don't know what the website is, but I did some research, and found some groomers who had tried them- the problems with these are: 1.) you can't see the nail to tell when to stop and 2.) the size isn't adjustable.





If you are interested in a nail grinder, you can get a dremel for about $25-$30, and it's the same thing, but you can see the nail. And, it does work, we use it on our dogs!
You're probably thinking of the ';Peticure'; (www.peticure.com) which is basically a Dremel grinder in a fancy case.

No comments:

Post a Comment