Monday, January 18, 2010

How often do you file your nails?

And are you supposed to file them straight or curved?How often do you file your nails?
I check over my nails every day, and file gently anything that needs smoothing. I will also do a complete manicure every couple of weeks. The strongest shape for your nails is a squoval, which is fairly straight across the top, but with the corners rounded so that they don't catch on things or chip off too easily. You can also follow the natural line of your nail bed to get a shape that suits your own nail type.How often do you file your nails?
every week. straight or curved, just don't use a sawing motion, file in the one direction
i don't! :) i get my acrylic nails done weekly so no fuss or bother about my nailsssssss
Once a week. You can file them straight or curved, you just need to make sure you only file in one direction.
when i feel them getting to long and curved
I file my nails any time there is a snag, or whatever. If you like the shape and have no snags, leave them alone. Filing actually can make your nails weaker. File them curved, because straight edges snag easier and it gives you something to start on if you bite your nails. I am lucky, my nails are really thick and strong. I used to keep them really long, but it's hard to type, so now they are a little shorter. If you paint your nails always keep them nice because chipped nail polish is so ugly (in my opinion, of course). Good luck!
Once a week, or when they need it (I can tell by looking at them). I have naturally long nails which are my pride and joy, all hell breaks loose if one breaks!
once a week
about once a month i file mine straight i used to curved but i found they break more easy if they are curved plus straight looks nicer and makes your nails look longer!
Everytime I get a manicure, break a nail, or whenever they don't feel as smooth as they normally do.
I like to file mine straight. I only file my nails after I cut them.





Remember to file your nail in one direction and not in a zig-zag motion as the nail may become weak and chip quickly x
I file mine at a slight curve and i only file when i have chipped/split one otherwise i leave them alone, it ca nmake them weak if u continuously file them.
everytime one breaks





file them curved.. but not tooo curved
I'm a biter.
daily and curved
I'm a bitter but when I do grow them out I file them once every 1 1/2 weeks just a little to keep them smooth. I file them in one direction straight with a slight curve on the side. Without filling them that often (for me) my nails will break.
I file them once or twice a week, and put nailhardner on them once a week and then apply nailpolish. Every other day I tip on some extra nailpolish layer, especially at the ends.


I file them curved as straight nails break more easily with me.
file every 1-2 weeks filing from side to centre using a wooden file only as metal ones may cause splitting and bevel the nails by filing down over the top of the nail. curved nails are more practical if you have a busy lifestyle as they are less likely to catch on stuff, whereas square nails are more fashionable or you could go squoval by slightly curving the corners.


always file your toenails straight across and never curved as this could cause ingrown toe nails.
i file mine whenever they need filing oh yeah heres what nail shapes suit which type of hands..





1. If you have small hands - go for almond-shape nails





2. If you have quite short, wide fingers- aim for the '; squoval '; shaped nails ( which is just an oval with a squared-off tip )





3.If you have large hands or wide nails try squared-off nails
First of all make sure you file in only one direction. By filing back and forth you actually create tears in the layers of your nails that allow mositure and air in and will then cause your nails to break, crack or otherwise compromise the good health of your nail. File them as needed, at least once per week daily would be too much. And as for straight or curved it depends on your choice of style but right now what is hot is short, clean nails that are shaped naturally according to your finger type.
Well it depends how long u want them! while for the straight or curved its ur choice. Straight goes well if u do a french....
Every Sunday it's when I do the plucking, nails, face mask.... I pick one day that I have the time to do it all at once without possible interruptions.





Nattalie

No comments:

Post a Comment