Monday, January 18, 2010

Nail file for dogs I saw on Animal Planet?

Watching Animal Planet this weekend I saw a nail file I want to get, it's motorized (I think) and seems so much easier than clipping their nails and then filing (My dog hates to sit still for me to clip so a regular file after that is near impossible). I can't seem to find it anywhere online, does anyone know what I am talking about and if it works?Nail file for dogs I saw on Animal Planet?
Use a dremel, but just use the sandpaper band... not any of the grinding stones!! Be very careful about how long you spend on one nail - no more than three seconds at a time or the nail will get too hot, and hurt your dog. If you google 'dremel and dogs nails' there is a great site by a doberman owner, with details and pictures and tips etc. I've started to use a dremel on my dobie - and it's going ok. I did actually buy a pet dremel as it is battery operated, and quieter than my husband's dremel - the trouble with that one was the cable got in the way and it was considerably noisier.Nail file for dogs I saw on Animal Planet?
It's called the peticure. It's basically a dremel tool with a guard on it. A friend of mine just uses his dremel tool to do his beagle's nails and he says it is much quicker and easier to get the dog to sit still compared to clipping them.
yeah, its called the peticure.


you can see it on peticure.com





i just ordered mine!!
A dremmel would be cheaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment